Wednesday, September 4, 2013

#31DC2013 Day 3: Yellow

For day 3 I decided to pay tribute to one of my favorite cartoon characters when I was little, Pikachu. I would watch all the shows and movies with my cousin and buy/swap Pokemon cards all the time. This was when I lived in Seattle and life a piece of cake lol. All my worries were about playing and not getting in trouble.

@cutepolish has a tutorial on youtube that helped me out on how to paint my nails. I used dotting tools and noticed that I should really invest in brushes. Especially to make perfect circles and for the little fine lines of the mouth and the pointed corners of the nose.

The polishes I used to create my pikachu were Cultnail's Feel me up for the base, Evil Queen for the cheeks, and tempest for the inner white part of the eye. For the black part of the eye I used OPI's black Onyx. 

I used two coats of feel me up and went over a few patches. Then I used my dotting tools to make the rest of the face of Pikachu and waited for everything to be COMPLETELY dry so I could add my top coat and to prevent streaking.



After I topped it off with Butterlondon's matte top coat and left them like this because I thought they looked better matte.


Pokemon was the best and I'll never forget it :) I remember all the times the movies would make me cry lol !!! Hope you enjoyed this post, remember to join the challenge!
Xoxo,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment