Monday, October 28, 2013

KiloX Laquers an Indie brand with a cause

Hi Blogging world! I have not been here in a while and it saddens me because it means I don't really get to paint my nails and blog about them :/ I am busy with college, reading, hw, and all the good stuff. 

ANYWAYS today I have taken some time to present to you a new indie polish line called kiloX Lacquers! The maker of the polishes is Morgan you can check her facebook page here: kiloX

This is how the box she sens looks like, Awesome isn't it!
The polishes are beautifully wrapped in little bubble wrap bags and come tightly packaged to prevent breakage.


She sent me her Rescue collection to swatch. Morgan was inspired by all the cute fluffy animals she owns and that her friends own. $1 per Rescue polish sold will be donated Las Vegas Humane Society, a local, no-kill shelter. Her bottles are very unique, which I liked very much.

 I started off with Kilo, ablack based polish with iridescent green and golden micro glitter. Kilo was inspired by Morgan's cat and it captures Kilo's black coat and green eyes. This polish was a bit goopy, but not that hard to work with. It was opaque with two coats+ top coat. I can totally relate to this polish :)


Next is Saintly Bernard, a chocolate brown with a scattered holo. It was inspired by Kora a Saint Bernard, for full description and a glance at Kora go to Kilox.org. This was two coats+ top coat. 

It is much more sparkly in real life!


This is kiloX Zulu, which is a bright blue lacquer with holographic teal and diamond glitter. Zulu was inspired by Morgan's beloved cat Zulu. This Polish was a bit sheer so I did 3 coats+top coat. also, the little diamonds settled at the bottom and I was only able to get one on the nail. Nonetheless it was a polish that is unique to my little polish stash. I think I'll layer it over black next time.


Meet Sienna,  a gold based polish with golden sparkles. This polish was inspired by "a sweet Golden Retriever". It is a beautiful golden polish that really does make your nails look like gold! This was 2 coats+top coat.


Lastly I have Tango, such a fun name :) This polish was inspired by Morgan's other kitty Tango!  Tango is vibrant green lacquer with multiple shades of iridescent green micro glitter. This polish was still a bit too sheer for my taste with 3 coats and top coat.

You should all check out her website kilox.org, she actually has pictures of her cute animals :)  
Thanks Morgan for letting me swatch your polishes, it was a pleasure! Sorry for taking so long, I really wanted my nails to be a bit longer. Hope you like my swatches.
Til Next time,
xoxo Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment