Monday, August 19, 2013

Overdue, REALLY overdue SWATCH FEST!!!

Hello everyone, girls & boys, nail gals, nail gents, & general public. I want to say how much I admire people who swatch for fun and for a living. Especially if you swatch collections, review them, write blog-post, live your normal life, and take care of your family. Nail swatchers are my superheros/heroins, if it wasn't for them you or I would have trouble choosing colors just by looking at the bottle. Swatchers make our life easier!!! I bow down to all of you!!!!!!!!Anywhoo......

I know I should have done a Swatch fest of the Cult nails goodies I received from Maria since she sent them to me. I didn't think my nails were ready at the time and for sure I am still learning how to paint nails, I would have done a worse job before. Now that I actually know what I am doing I'm posting swatches of all my Cult nails  beauties!! My photos are not photoshopped or enhanced in any way(that's why they aren't watermarked). I am not a professional blogger/swatcher, nor do I claim to be one(hopefully one day that will change). These are my sincerest opinions, & my best attempt at swatches. No one told me I had to swatch them at any time, I decided to do this.
*I used top-coat on some and on some I did not. The top-coat I used was Sally Hansen top-coat because it is a top-coat I don't really care for lol. Plus, I've already used up my Cult Nail's Wicked fast top-coat :(.


My first swatch is of 'Feeliing Froggy'. This is a green jelly polish with irridescent shimmer that you can see in the sun, light, or when you put your nails close to your face. I used 3 coats for full opacity(coverage), plus top coat. This is my first ever green and I truly like it. Only thing that I noticed is that since it is jelly based it does chip faster than creme polish(DUH, right!!) I know what polish I'm wearing for St. Patty's day :D.

*direct sunlight


 
Feelin' Froggy is the only swatch that I cleaned up because I had the idea of showing the minimal 
clean-up one has to do because of Cult Nail's awesome brushes. 


The next swatch is of 'Feel me up' this polish is like a sunflower yellow creme. It is a bit thick for me, but not thick like globby. You can work with it and it was easy for me to achieve full coverage with 2 coats, I just had to go over some patches here and there(no top coat). I did not clean it up what so ever, you can see I have places where clean-up is needed, but I wanted to show how great the brushes are so you have minimal clean-up to do.

*This was taken in direct sunlight





The third swatch is of Princess, this is a dusty light blue creme with pink shimmer that you may not see in the pictures, but it is visible in person. It is very delicate and it does make you feel like a princess :) Full coverage was achieved with two coats(top-coat). No clean-up.

*Direct Sunlight

 

 The fourth swatch of this post is Manipulative.  This is a light teal/light blue creme polish with a hint of shimmer. This is two coats(no top coat), no clean-up. I did apply this polish way too fast and it is visible in the places that still look sheer.
 *Direct sunlight




 

The last swatch of this post is Evil Queen, I totally love the name and and this red. Full coverage with two coats, this swatch was done when I first got the nail polishes so it has Wicked fast top-coat on. I did clean them up. Sorry for the weird hand-pose. I am til this day still working on it.

*Indoor with Flash
If you would like to purchase any of these polishes you can go on this link http://www.cultnails.com/, Maria is having a sale, so you should go check it out!!Til next time.
Xoxo,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment