Monday, August 19, 2013

Overdue Swatchfest continued.......

Hello again! Part 2 of the swatchfest, I decided to split up the post because then the review would have been supper long!!! Onto the review -->

The first swatch is of Awakening, this was my very first time using this polish so I thought it would be best if I gave the first spot on this post. I really can't believe I did not use it sooner! I absolutely loved it, I really did not want to take it off. This to me is a dark teal jelly, it seems like it is a creme when it is on, but the polish was a bit sheer and I was able to reach full coverage with 3 coats(no top coat). No clean-up.

* Indoor light

 *Direct Sunlight

I don't know how swatchers are able to take off a polish they absolutely love. I would have liked to have kept this polish on longer than I did, but I had to continue swatching. 


This next polish is a personal favorite of all the polishes I have and its been used multiple times. This polish that has a special place in my heart is called Flushed and it is a purple jelly with shimmer and it is really something else, it makes your fingertips glow!!!! I used 3 coats, no top coat(no clean-up)

*Direct sunlight


*Indoor light

Next I layered Seduction over flushed, I used 2 thin coats. This is a flakey top coat, not as hard to take off like glitter. The flakes change colors depending on the light. They go from blue, to orange, green, purple, yellow, many colors. I know it would look great over a black base and October is coming, it is definitely a combo one could wear!

*Indoor light and flash



 
*Direct sunlight
This last swatch is a mani I wore when I was living in Santa Cruz, I actually left it on for many days. I used Afterglow for the Index and middle finger and Blaze for the accent.It is a copper-ish brown that has pink shimmer and it makes your nails glow! It is magical brown and it looks great with blaze. Blaze I bought on my own when they had a sale( I am telling you, they are very generous and are always offering sales)! Blaze is is a glitter polish made up of gold and copper-ish glitters(to me it looks like red). It is perfect to spice up any manicure. I used Wicked fast for the top-coat and I cleaned up the excess nail polish.




 Overall I really like these polishes and I would buy many more, but I am a college student on a college budget and these polishes are $12 per beautiful bottle lol! But, I totally understand! Soon I will have more Cult nail polishes join my little army! Hope you liked my review! I will write a review on Cult nail's Wicked fast top-coat and Get it on base-coat soon I hope! I will thank you forever Maria!!!! This is Maria's IG if you ever want to check it out : http://instagram.com/cultnails# . If you want to join the cult here is her website: http://instagram.com/cultnails# and if you ever want to see my designs this my IG: instagram.com/catsnails. Thank you for reading!
Til next time!
Xoxo,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment