Tuesday, September 3, 2013

#31DC2013 Day 1: Red

Today is September 3, 2013 I am kinda late for +Chalkboard Nails challenge of 31 days of manis, but life happens. How the challenge works is that each day has its own theme and you create your version of the mani depending on the theme and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #31DC2013. Here is the link if you would like to check out the challenge: The 31 Day Challenge

I started the first day a little early because I went on a mini trip to Fresno and I knew that I wouldn't be able to paint my nails there. Fresno was ridiculously hot, but it was so calm and peaceful which is different than the crowded/busy life in Hayward.

 I used Opi's Liquid Sand, Stay the night & @Culnails Evil Queen for the accent nail. I was supposed to stamp roses on my accent nail using a Bundle Monster's image plate, but I couldn't do it :( I tried so much, but it just wouldn't get onto the stamper so I gave up.


I used 3 coats of Stay the night and 2 coats of Evil Queen for the accent + top coat. I really could have gone with 1 coat of Evil Queen, but I am just used to doing 2.


These colors were really beautiful and sleek on, I really didn't want to take off the polish.  But, the challenge made me do it, plus I don't like to leave a mani on for more than two days! I will post the next mani I did tomorrow. If you can't wait check out my IG @Catsnails

No comments:

Post a Comment